Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Sunset, Zero Degrees

















This evening's sunset was beautiful but COLD.  I wasn't planning on going out to shoot but as Jessica and I were sitting in our office each working on our own projects we noticed a beautiful, warm light coming in through the window.  We looked outside and saw some really nice clouds starting to glow in the pre-sunset light.  I couldn't resist, I had to bundle up and head down to Hollow Rock to photograph the setting sun.  When I arrived at the scene the thermometer on my truck was reading a balmy ZERO degrees.  There was also a stiff wind coming off the lake, which meant the wind chill was going to be brutal.  It's a good thing that the colorful clouds didn't last too long as I was only able to tolerate being outside for about 15 minutes.  The wind and the cold were just too much.  I was out there long enough to get a beautiful shot, though!

No comments: