Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Tempest


















The storms over Lake Superior last night sure were a lot of fun to watch. It was one of those rare times where the heart of the storms were pretty far away so you could sit and comfortably watch without much fear of getting caught in a downpour. I watched the storms for about an hour in this location.  

While the "good" strikes were rather infrequent, when they did happen they were big and REALLY bright.  At first I had my ISO set way too high and my photos were extremely blown out.  Eventually I settled on an ISO of 200 and aperture of f/5.6 and that seemed to give me fairly well-balanced exposures. I hope we get more storms soon.  Not just because they're fun to watch but because we need more rain.  We got very little moisture last night and we could sure use some more. 


















No comments: