Saturday, October 26, 2019

Waiting for the lights


















Yesterday afternoon space weather forecasters were saying that the solar wind stream was still hitting Earth and that high latitude sky watchers should remain alert for auroras.  Since I had such a rewarding experience the night before, I decided to head out again.  The lights made another appearance but not as brightly as the previous night.  

For several hours I gazed at the sky in an area where I had never been at night before. I made a few photographs here and there, but never really saw any northern lights.  After a while I drove around for a bit and soon noticed that distinct glow in the sky.  I went back to where I had been earlier in the night and photographed this soft green glow behind the clouds and pines.

No comments: