Thursday, October 31, 2019

Late October Morning at Partridge Falls

















The other morning I brought a few friends up to this waterfall on the Pigeon River.  It was actually only my second time visiting this location this year.  Sometimes I come here often, other times not so much.  I had actually been up the road to this spot quite a few times this year, but I was always focused on biking so I'd ride my bike in then turn around and ride right back out.  It was good to actually walk down to the waterfall once again as the last time I had done that was back in June. 

We had some nice cloud movement so I decided to take a "standard" exposure which stopped the motion of the water, then I took a second exposure which was 15 seconds long.  The long exposure smoothed out the look of the water and also caught the movement of the clouds.  I've often heard these types of photos referred to as "fake".  Well, just because the camera is recording something that we cannot see with our eyes doesn't make it "fake".  It makes it more of an artistic rendition of a scene. I like both photos, but my preference definitely leans more towards the long exposure version. 



No comments: