Monday, May 21, 2018

Stargazing Gulls


















I went out last night after the moon dropped below the horizon to capture some more Milky Way images.  My first stop was Hollow Rock in Grand Portage.  I got a kick out of this photo because there are a couple of gulls sitting on top of the rock and it almost seems as though they are enjoying the view of the Milky Way as much as I was.  I didn't even know they were there until I looked at the photo on the camera's LCD screen after taking it.  I could these two white spots on the top right of the rock in the picture, but when I looked at the rock it was really hard to make them out because it was so dark.  The long exposure makes them show up nicely, as the camera can record over time more light than our eyes can see in an instant.  

No comments: