Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Moonlight Yucca over the Kaweah River


















Sequoia National Park, California

I haven't had a post on my photo page in a while as I was in California on vacation. It was nice to get away and not really pay much attention to online posting for a while.  But I'm home now and reviewing some of the images I made on the trip!  

While I was in California the nights were filled with some pretty glorious moonlight.  The foothills of the Sierras were alive with plants and flowers blooming everywhere.  The yucca in particular was incredibly beautiful.  I had never seen it in bloom before and it was impossible to miss it on this trip.  Some of the plants were HUGE and the blooms were visible from quite far away. One night I went out to capture the blooms in the moonlight and came away with some of my favorite images from the trip.  

No comments: