Thursday, May 24, 2018

My first wild Lynx sighting!

















So last night after my bike ride I was driving around on Arrow River Road in Ontario, Canada when I came around a corner near a beaver pond and there was a Lynx standing in the middle of the road!  Once he saw the car he ran quickly off the road.  I backed up a bit, then positioned the car so I could photograph him if he came back out, then turned the car off.  After about 10 seconds he came back out into the road and sat right down in the middle of the road and looked at me.  Apparently deciding I wasn't a threat, he disregarded me after that first look and went about his business.

After a few moments I realized he was intent on watching the few ducks that were on the beaver pond and at one point I thought he was going to try and catch one.  He hunkered down and just like a house cat wiggled his butt and his tail started flicking back and forth.  The ducks never got close enough however and eventually he started walking very slowly down the road away from me.  It sure was a cool experience and a great way to end a day in the woods!
































The next two photos are a little blurry but I still like them because of his posture as he walked across the road. 
















No comments: