Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Aurora Withdrawals


















Boy, I sure am going through some serious aurora withdrawals!  It seems like forever since we've had any decent aurora activity that coincided with clear skies.  Lately our weather has just been crappy.  Sure, it's warm but for January we should have colder temperatures and snow falling, not rain.  The first part of January was awesome. We had plenty of snow and some darn near perfect ski days.  But lately the sky has been gray and filled with clouds for what seems a really long time. The warm temps (it's almost 40 degrees today) and rain/drizzle have really diminished the quality of our snow base. Because of the poor conditions and lack of any kind of good light I haven't been making many new photos this month. So, I've been going back and looking at older images that I haven't processed yet.  Last night I came across this one from May 8, 2016.  The photo was made at 3:38 in the morning and was nearing the end of a night filled with some pretty amazing northern lights.  I can't wait for another night like this!  

No comments: