Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Immature Eagle

















Here is another bald eagle photo from yesterday, this time an immature eagle.  While I was photographing the "Peekaboo Eagle", this other immature bird flew over.  I could see him coming from the corner of my eye, flying slowly overhead.  Once he was close enough I took a few moments away from the Peekaboo Eagle to focus on the immature and grab a few shots of him as he flew overhead.  The sky is really crappy in this photo, but hey that's the kind of sky we're dealing with this time of year.  I still really like this shot.  It makes for a good record of my experience with these majestic birds!  Jessica and I have a trip to Alaska coming up soon, and the focus of that trip is to see the annual gathering of bald eagles along the Chilkat River near Haines.  I feel like the eagles we've been seeing lately are giving us a little taste of what's to come in Alaska :-)  

No comments: