Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Early winter on the High Falls Gorge of the Pigeon River

















Winter is coming, which is becoming evident at High Falls on the Pigeon River in Grand Portage State Park.  This photo was taken yesterday afternoon when the sky was filled with beautiful clouds.  I was a little surprised by the amount of ice already forming on the face of the falls, but then I realized that it is almost December already!  I just love this photo of the falls… I think it is one of my new favorites of this location.  I love the clouds, the ice, the tree shadows and the light.  When I first arrived at the falls the sky was almost completely clear of clouds and by the time I left the cloud cover was really heavy, with no blue sky at all visible.  Everything came together for this shot, and I happened to be there at just the right time to capture it!

No comments: