Sunday, November 17, 2013

Bubble Town

















The weather today was very wet and humid, with heavy fog blanketing the area for the majority of the day.  I took advantage of the conditions and went for a walk to see what unique things I could find. As I came upon a grassy field I looked down and noticed that many of the blades of grass were covered  with perfect little water droplets.  I pulled out my Canon G11, put it in macro mode, then laid down on the ground and started making images of this fascinating macro world.  The G11 has a terrific macro mode which allows me to focus within roughly an inch or two of my subjects, allowing me to make interesting images of a miniature world that most people probably wouldn't even notice.  I plan on sharing a foggy landscape image from today as well, but for now this one gets top billing as it is my favorite image of the day.

No comments: