Friday, September 27, 2013

Milky Way over Trestle Pine Road


























Last night I helped my friend and fellow photographer Bryan Hansel (www.bryanhansel.com) teach a night session during his fall color photography workshop.  We had a perfect night for shooting.  The temperature was just about right: not too warm and not too cold.  The air was dead calm and we had almost entirely clear conditions which meant an awesome star-filled sky!  We headed up near Two Island Lake just outside of Grand Marais and did some shooting along the Trestle Pine Road.  I only shot a few images, since I was mostly helping teach night sky photo techniques to the workshop participants, but I did get one shot that I like enough to share.  Everyone seemed to have a really good time and all participants came away with some new knowledge and perhaps a new passion.  After all, being out in nature at night is very addicting! 

No comments: