Saturday, August 3, 2013

Electric Sky


















Well, I am still without my camera (going on two weeks now), but it is in transit and should be here in 3 more days.  I have also been busy preparing for my upcoming photo exhibition at the Johnson Heritage Post in Grand Marais, MN.  Those two factors mean that I essentially have not had any new photos to post from the last two weeks.  So, here is one from 2006 that I would like to share.  This was a lightning storm that hit in the middle of the night and woke me up from a deep sleep.  I actually shot this photo from my open bedroom window.  The storm and the lightning were VERY close, so I didn't want to risk going outside.  As it turns out, the best lightning was happening directly over my driveway which was perfectly visible from my upper-level bedroom window.  I opened the window, popped the screen out and set up my tripod.  For the next half-hour I had a blast capturing photos of the lightning.  This is not the "best" shot of the night, but it is a favorite.  I will have a print of the "best" shot on display at my upcoming show.  Be sure to check it out, the show runs from August 17th to September 8th!

No comments: