Monday, August 19, 2013

Quiet Contemplation


























The other night while my friend Roger was visiting we headed down to the Spirit Tree to enjoy the quiet evening and the incredible view of the star-filled sky.  It was in this location where roughly a year ago I asked Jessica to be my bride, so it was nice to visit the spot again and think about the memories from a year ago, as well as the memories made since then.  The beauty of the night was perfect: not a cloud in the sky, barely a whisper of a wind and the temperature was ideal.  We sat down at the tree for a couple of hours and gazed at the sky.  Every now and then a Perseid meteor would streak through the sky, remnants from a meteor shower that peaked a few days before.  I was setting my camera up for a long star-trail exposure when Jessica climbed up and sat down on this rock for a better view of the tree. It just so happened that where she sat was a great spot for a shot of her gazing up at the tree.  I asked her to hold still for 30 seconds while I recorded this exposure.  It is my favorite shot of the night, even better than the 45 minute star-trail exposure that I made (which also turned out quite nice, but not as nice as this!).  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Adding your friend into the scene really makes for an added interest to an already great scene. Love the originality!