Sunday, July 28, 2013

Water Abstract - Pigeon River

















I haven't been posting many pictures lately.  My apologies to those that might be missing my posts.  I have been busy going through a selection process to determine which photos I want to display in my upcoming "Visual Stories" exhibition in Grand Marais.  Also, I have been without my camera for the past week!  It turns out it got a little too wet during my last outing (remember the lightning photo at the Spirit Tree from a week ago?) and would not let me shoot anymore.  I was getting an "Error 30" message and had to send it in to a Canon Service Center.  I should have it back sometime this week.

In the meantime, here is a photo from this spring.  This was taken at Middle Falls on the Pigeon River in Grand Portage State Park.  The water just above the falls has many areas where the flow is silky smooth, which makes for some very intriguing abstract images when shooting with a telephoto lens.  Another interesting thing is that the water here often nicely reflects the colors of the sky.  On this particular day there was some blue sky along with patchy clouds and you can see both reflected here in the water. 

No comments: