Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bluegrass and Partridge Falls abstract

.


A couple of interesting things I photographed today... the image above was made along the banks of "Little Lake" in the village of Grand Portage. These grasses along the edge of the lake were backed by some incredibly calm and very blue water. I couldn't resist making a shot! I call this image "Bluegrass".

The image below was made at Partridge Falls on the Pigeon River. I've photographed Partridge Falls many, many times and was looking to do something a little different this time around. This image is a shot of the middle of the waterfall, and is a 1/15 second exposure during which I also panned the camera a short distance. The resulting image is not something that is normally seen when viewing a waterfall with your naked eye.

No comments: