Saturday, November 28, 2009

Small world indeed

Along the lines of what I mentioned in my first post at the start of this trip, today I received proof of what a small world it really is. I received the following comment on my blog from Lisa Cassellius (Lisa's husband Marty used to be the forester in Grand Portage!):

"Travis! Your mom sent me to your blog. I'm loving it! Your opening remarks are especially poignant considering the bit I'm about to share: Our oldest daughter, Sadie, is currently attending Wyoming Catholic College in Lander, WY (you should visit if you have a chance--beautiful--and I, too, have Grand Portage Bay and Pete's Island as reference points). She spent Thanksgiving weekend with friends in Billings, MT. On Saturday, the 28th, they visited Custer's Battlefield and as she signed the guestbook she perused the previous day's signers. Who should she see but 'Travis Novitsky, Grand Portage, MN'! She was amazed at the 'smallness of the world'. Indeed we are never far from one another or from home. Enjoy your journey. I will be checking in and enjoying your beautiful photography." Lisa Cassellius

No comments: