Thursday, September 17, 2009

A few images from the past week...



I haven't been shooting much in the past week, but I have managed to get out and grab a few shots here and there. I am taking a trip to Wyoming next week with a couple of fellow photographer friends, to visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, so most of my time in the past week has been spent planning for the trip. The image above is a shot of Partridge Falls at sunset, FINALLY with some nice clouds! I have been trying off and on for the past month to get a nice sunset with clouds above Partridge Falls, and it just hasn't happened... until now! I had to use both of my graduated ND filters (a 3-stop "normal" grad, and a 3-stop reverse grad) to hold back the sky, since the falls and the river gorge are VERY dark in comparison to the sky at this time of day. I was quite happy with the result! One of my favorite images of Partridge Falls thus far.



This image of the fox is one of the same foxes that you may remember from some of my older journal entries. This particular image was taken less than a mile from my house, in the late afternoon light. I was just driving home from work when I spotted this fox at the edge of the woods, so of course I had to stop and take a picture or two. I only took about a half-dozen images, this one being my favorite by far.



Above image: "Tenacious". I chose this title for this clump of grass on the Lake Superior shoreline because I am amazed at how life can find ways to survive in the unlikeliest of places. In a location where there is seemingly nothing but solid rock, this grass still manages to gain a foothold in the thin layer of soil that is wedged in between the rock.

No comments: