Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wolf Pups



Well... today I saw something that I thought I would never see... an entire family of wild wolf pups! I was driving along Old Highway 61 when I saw a young wolf come out onto the road a few hundred feet ahead of me. I stopped the car, and the little wolf just stood there staring at me. After a few moments passed, two more came out onto the road, then another. I could hear at least two more a few feet back in the woods. They were apparently used to cars, because they weren't scared at all by my vehicle. I rolled down my window and was able to shoot several "keeper" images of the pups as they sat in the ditch next to the road. After about 15 minutes of watching them I continued down the road, giddy with excitement at the experience of seeing the wolves.







No comments: