Friday, August 14, 2009

Pigeon River Paddling



Lately I've really been enjoying my new kayak and putting it to good use on the upper half of the Pigeon River. The Pigeon upstream from Partridge Falls is one of my favorite places to paddle. There is about a 4 miles stretch of river upstream from the falls that is very easy to paddle with little current and no rapids. In the past week I've been up to this stretch of river several times, mostly in an attempt to see and photograph moose. So far this year I haven't had much luck in seeing moose. I have, however, seen lots of other wildlife on the river. Beaver, otters and ducks are frequent companions during my travels on the river. There is also usually a Kingfisher that makes an appearance, and once in a while a muskrat will swim by as well. Even without moose sightings, an evening spent on the upper Pigeon River is always wonderful.








No comments: