Friday, November 30, 2018

Sunset over the Borrego Badlands


















After two nights in Borrego Springs I was all set to leave the area in the morning but as I was driving away from town I just happened to notice the little sign for Font's Point.  I had been so focused on photographing the sculptures at night that I had forgotten about Font's Point.  On my previous trip here I had read about it but did not have a vehicle capable of driving down the wash to the point.  This time, since I had my Jeep Wrangler, getting there wouldn't be an issue.  

So, I turned down the wash and 4 miles later was standing at the incredible views you see here.  Remember, this was mid-morning so the light was rather harsh.  Once I saw the view I immediately decided to spend a third night in Borrego Springs.  I spent the rest of the day exploring other things in the area (the Salton Sea and Slab City, Imperial Dunes National Recreation Area, etc.), returning to Font's Point for sunset.  Even though there weren't any clouds on this evening, the Belt of Venus glow was quite impressive!


No comments: