Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Milky Way Ride



















For my blog post today I'm going to borrow some words from Dwayne Johnson, better known as "The Rock".  The other day on Instagram he wrote something that is good for all of us to remember:

"We've all experienced that 'cloud' that consumes us.  Times in life when things are hazy and unclear. Emotionally, mentally, physically.  That's when I call on my anchors - the things I trust.  the gym, my family, loved ones, my pancakes and tequila ;-) "

"Do your best to find & identify those anchors in your life.  They'll help you push through those clouds to greater clarity, balance, harmony and positive results.  Life's clouds & haze will always come and go.  Find your anchors to help you push through."

As I was out photographing the other night I realized what some of my anchors are.  The night sky, biking and photography.  All 3 are represented here with this image I'm sharing with you today.  

For me, my greatest moments of clarity, balance, harmony and positive results come when I'm basking in the glow of the night sky, cruising through the forest on an epic gravel road bike ride, or practicing the art of photography. All of these things anchor me and bring me joy, which is why I put so much energy into them.  

So, like The Rock, I wholeheartedly recommend that you find your anchors and embrace them.  Your life will be all the better for it.  

No comments: