Sunday, July 8, 2018

Arrow River Falls


















Yesterday my good friend Roger and I crossed the border into Canada and did some off-trail hiking to this waterfall on the Arrow River.  I have been to this waterfall a few times before but it was Roger's first time seeing it.  It is one of the most beautiful waterfalls I've photographed.  

Not an easy hike to get to it though.  The distance is not all that much but the woods and brush are very thick. And yesterday the temperature was in the mid 80's so it was pretty warm.  Thankfully there was a strong breeze to keep the heat (and bugs) somewhat at bay.  Even though we were there in the middle of the day I used my 6-stop ND filter so I could make some long exposures and smooth out the look of the water. An exposure length of 1 second was all I needed to create a nice silky effect.


No comments: