Friday, October 6, 2017

October Moonbow at High Falls


















The moonlight last night sure was beautiful!  I went for a walk up to High Falls at Grand Portage State Park to see if there would be a moonbow.  Earlier this week we got several inches of rain which brought the water level in the river up about 4 feet.  When high water level coincides with full moonlight you can usually see a rainbow at night, often referred to as a moonbow.  

As I walked up the trail the light from the moon was so bright I didn't even need to use my headlamp, even when I was beneath the forest canopy.  When I got my first glimpse of the falls I could easily see that there was indeed a rainbow visible at the base of the waterfall!  Such a cool and unique thing to see.  The wonders of this world are endless!

No comments: