Thursday, September 21, 2017

Tule Elk, Foggy Day at Point Reyes


















During our visit to Point Reyes National Seashore in California we did some hiking on the Tomales Point Trail.  As we were hiking we could hear the Tule Elk bugling all around us, but we couldn't see them or the ocean because of the thick fog. Several times when we heard the Elk calling we stopped to see if we could catch a glimpse of them.  Time and time again we were foiled by the fog.  On the return to our car we heard a call that sounded VERY close. We stopped once again to try and catch a glimpse.  The fog was blowing very quickly from right to left across the meadow in front of us.  

As we stared into the white nothingness Jessica exclaimed "I think I just saw him!"  After a few more moments the fog cleared just enough and I saw his silhouette as well.  It was extremely difficult to get the camera to focus on the elk in such challenging conditions but after looking into the foggy field for about 10 minutes I did manage to come away with several interesting photos. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed making them!





































No comments: