Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tule Elk at Point Reyes


















I just returned from a trip to California where Jessica and I took some vacation time and did some exploring north of San Francisco.  On the first day of the trip we visited Point Reyes National Seashore, which has a resident population of Tule Elk.  As we were driving out to one of the trailheads in the park we came over a rise and there was a big, beautiful bull elk standing right close to the road!  A few cows were in the distance and I got some great shots of all of them.  It sure was a great way to start the day at Point Reyes!




















2 comments:

cabinart said...

Travis, I'm hoping to see your photos of the beach at Pt. Reyes - I've seen some of the most raucous waves ever there and think it is a fabulous beach. I'm really enjoying your blog (and friendship with JBarr!)

Travis Novitsky said...

cabinart: Thanks so much for the comment Jana! Not sure that I have any cool photos of the beach, I haven't yet looked through all my photos from the trip. So glad you are enjoying my blog. I enjoy yours as well :-) And so glad that you and Jessica are enjoying friendship! I looooved seeing your murals in Exeter! Awesome work.