Friday, May 29, 2015

Bumblebee and Dandelions

















Most people seem to dislike dandelions.  Not me, I love them!  Mostly because the bees love them.  Ever since we got our honeybees a few summers ago I stopped mowing our dandelions.  On any given day when the dandelions are in bloom, our yard is filled not only with our own honeybees but with all the native bees  as well.  The ground literally buzzes with life!  As I walk around the yard I can hear the buzz of the bees as they diligently work to collect the pollen from the flowers.  I like to get right down on the ground with them and watch as they work their way over the flowers.  I found this nice arrangement of three flowers and waited for a bee to land on them.  I knew it was only a matter of time before one would wander into my shot.  I was hoping it would be one of our honeybees, but instead this bumblebee was the first to come along.  He worked each of the three flowers and I waited until he made his way from the middle flower to the one on the right, then I tripped the shutter and made this photo.  

No comments: