Saturday, January 24, 2015

September Stars, Spirit Tree

















I've been working on sorting through my older images, culling them down to just the best of the best. I'm doing this because I have WAY too many images. So far, I've whittled them down from 80,000 to about 50,000. By the time I'm done I should have about 15,000 to 20,000 photos from 2001 to the present. Still too many, but a lot more manageable than before! 

At any rate, every now and then I come across one that just makes me go "Oooooooh!" Last night I came across one such photo, taken in September 2011. The sky in this photo is unreal. It was taken during that magic time when the stars are really starting to become visible but there is still some lingering light in the sky. A 30 second exposure at ISO 1600 really picks up that last bit of faint daylight.

No comments: