Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Hoito





















Here is a recent picture that I made of The Hoito Restaurant in Thunder Bay, Ontario.  According to Wikipedia, The Hoito has operated continuously on 314 Bay Street for 91 years and is perhaps the oldest co-operatively owned and operated restaurant in Canada.  The Hoito is a very popular place with locals in Thunder Bay and is well known for its Finnish pancakes and variety of other traditional Finnish foods.  Just before Christmas we were in Thunder Bay for the evening doing some Christmas shopping along the same street as The Hoito.  It was early evening and snow was falling.  The beautiful architecture of The Hoito really caught my eye in the early evening light.  I pulled out my little Sony RX100 III camera and made this hand-held exposure of the restaurant.  I don't normally share photos like this, but I really liked this one and felt it was worthy of inclusion on my blog :-)

No comments: