Monday, July 21, 2014

Fire Tower and the Milky Way Galaxy

















I'm going through and reworking some of my Milky Way images.  When I first shot some of these I was still using Paint Shop Pro photo software which was limiting in how you could process the images.  Now that I'm using Lightroom I'm finding I can really get a lot more out of these images as my editing skills evolve.  When I compare this reworked image to the original way I had worked it up, I cannot believe that I ever let the original edit be seen.  This one is just so much better!  You could barely see the Milky Way in the first version.  In this one it really jumps out more.  This image will make a killer print!  This was taken on August 12, 2012 as some friends and I were sitting out watching the Perseid meteor shower.  I'm hoping for some nice clear skies again this year for watching the meteor shower, although the moon will be full so we may not see very many meteors anyway.  Either way, if it's a clear sky it will be a beautiful night!

No comments: