Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring rainbow at Gooseberry Falls

















After photographing the high water on the Beaver River I continued down the shore to Gooseberry Falls State Park.  Gooseberry is a park that is absolutely loaded with photographic potential.  In a relatively short stretch of river there are numerous waterfalls with endless photo possibilities.  I spent about an hour and a half at the park and not only was the river nice and high but the clouds were very cool which really added interest to the photos I took.  I also saw several rainbows but my favorite was the one at the base of the main waterfall.  


















Check out the photo below, I think it's fascinating.  To me the water looked like caramel.  This is the spring run-off at Upper Falls on the Gooseberry River in northeast Minnesota.  A 1/4 second shutter speed smoothed out the appearance of the water and added to the "caramel" look. 



No comments: