Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Sunrise, Hollow Rock Shoreline


















This morning's sunrise at Hollow Rock, one of the most intriguing (I think) sections of shoreline to be found anywhere along the north shore of Lake Superior.  For most of the past week we have been stuck under a sky completely awash with clouds, so today it is nice to once again see the sun.  Last night the forecasters were calling for the skies to clear overnight, so I woke early to see if they were right.  As it turns out, they were correct!  When I arrived at Hollow Rock I was pleased to see nice big waves crashing upon the shore.  While calm mornings are always nice, I usually prefer to have some waves to add interest to my photos.  This morning's conditions certainly did not disappoint!  I have another super-cool image from this morning that I will be sharing later today, but for now I hope you enjoy this particular version of this morning's beauty on the Lake Superior shoreline.  

No comments: