Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring on the Beaver River




















I took a drive to Duluth today and along the way saw a lot of incredible fog-filled views which were a result of overnight and morning rainfall.  The best view by far was this one of the Beaver River.  As we drove across the Highway 61 bridge that spans the river I made a quick glance upstream and my jaw dropped when I saw all the fog over the river.  After we crossed the bridge I couldn't resist pulling over and parking the truck so I could walk back out on the bridge and make a few photos of this beautiful scene. 




2 comments:

Jack Johnson said...

Lovely images, Travis! I was up north last week, but just didn't get much in the way of fog shots...

Are you familiar with Houghton Falls over by Washburn in WI? I was there for the first time last week - pretty little waterfall in a small slot canyon - really nice!

-- Jack

Travis Novitsky said...

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the comment! I have heard of Houghton Falls, but have never been to it. Actually have never been to the South Shore on a serious photography trip. I went to school over in Ashland, but that was before I was really into photography. I hope to get back over there soon!

Travis