Tuesday, June 29, 2021

View of the 270 Overlook from the Pigeon River


 









This stretch of the Pigeon River is on my list of top favorite places. I'm not giving it a number, I just know it's one of my favorite places in this world. You have to paddle about three and a half miles one-way to get here. As you round the corner of the river approaching this stretch, the bluff in the distance slowly comes into view.  Atop that bluff is the 270 Overlook, the starting point (or ending point, if you started on the southern end) of the Superior Hiking Trail. It is an awesome view, but I think I like this view from the river more. I have seen moose many times along this stretch, but on this day we weren't so lucky. The sky was amazing, however, with ever changing clouds and bursts of sunlight. As always, it was an amazing day to be outside. 

No comments: