Thursday, June 25, 2020

Embrace the Night


















"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." 

-Sarah Williams

I love coming across great quotes having to do with the night sky. Recently I came across this one by English poet Sarah Williams (1837-1868), from her poem "The Old Astronomer". I can certainly relate to her words, as I cannot remember a time when I was ever afraid of the night. 

Bathing in the glow of the night sky is very restorative for me. From the stars I receive energy and a sense of peace.  They keep me centered and focused. They also keep me filled with a sense of wonder and spark my imagination. Making photographs of the stars and the night showing the connection to the Earth is my absolute favorite thing to do with a camera. 

No comments: