Thursday, September 5, 2019

September Sunset, Merganser Lake



















Over the years my mom has liked to coin the phrase "Everything happens for a reason".  I've certainly felt that way countless times over the years as well and yesterday was no exception.  After almost 6 hours of bike riding I ended up at this location just as the sun was going down.  

I had a loop ride all planned out and had I stuck to my route I wouldn't have been here to capture this photo.  Along my route I saw at least a half dozen side trails that intrigued me and so I took a spin down each one to check them out.  All of these little detours put me on the shoreline of this lake at just the right time to capture this glorious sunset.  If it weren't for all those little detours I would have missed it.  

No comments: