Saturday, August 24, 2019

Fireweed Valley


















Fireweed is one of my favorite flowers but it also signifies the end of the warmest time of the year, which can be bittersweet.  By the time the fireweed is finished blooming, summer is basically over. As is often the case, summer seems to go by way too quickly and this year was no exception.  While I do love fall and look forward to it, I love summer as well and this year I'm a little more sad than usual to see it go.  Probably because I've been enjoying biking so much over the past couple of months :-)  But, I'm looking forward to some awesome fall bike rides as well!  This photo was taken just across the border of northeast Minnesota in Ontario, Canada.  I made it while biking along one of my favorite gravel road routes.  

No comments: