Monday, May 27, 2019

Carhenge Nights


















After a VERY long day of driving, Carhenge in Alliance, Nebraska was a welcome stop.  I spent several hours making photos here and witnessed an amazing sunrise.  I didn't expect to enjoy this place as much as I did but for some reason I was fascinated by it.  I experienced a very calm and peaceful night amongst the cars.  

There was a rather large owl that was hunting in the area as I made my photographs.  The night was so still and quiet that whenever he took off from his perch on top of the cars, I would hear him take flight and catch glimpses of him in the light cast from the nearby parking area.  At about 2 AM I just couldn't stay awake any longer and crawled into the sleeping area of my Jeep to rest for a few hours. 


















No comments: