Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Cascade River Meditation


















I spent 7 hours today hiking and meditating with the camera along Cascade River in Cascade River State Park, MN. It was a nice day to be on the river.  The sky was very overcast and for most of the day there was a really fine mist falling from the sky.  The conditions made for a nice moody atmosphere.  I much prefer this kind of day to a sunny day when it comes to photographing rivers.  

The normal trailside viewpoint of this waterfall is from high up, looking down on the falls.  In order to get this viewpoint I was right in the river, wading upstream.  I don't recommend doing this unless you are very experienced at walking in rivers.  The rocks on the bottom are incredibly slippery and I actually wear my winter ice cleats which helps but it's still not easy.  

No comments: