Monday, January 15, 2018

MNDOT - Plowing Highway 61


















I've been wanting to get this shot for a while and today it finally worked out.  I had just turned north on Highway 61 from the village of Grand Portage when I noticed that the plow truck had gone north but hadn't come back south yet.  I turned around and went back to this spot to wait for the truck to return.  It's an old dead-end road that is not longer maintained so I was able to back my car off the highway and safely wait for my opportunity.  

This location is just a few miles from the Minnesota/Ontario border so you know it won't be long before the truck comes back.  Sure enough, after about 20 minutes of waiting the it came around the corner.  I had my composition ready and fired off a sequence of shots as the truck moved through my frame.  Then I picked the "best" one to share with you all today.

No comments: