Sunday, December 31, 2017

Brutal Cold on New Year's Eve


















The cold is pretty brutal out there today.  My car was reading minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit on the way to work and on top of that it is very windy.  According to the forecast the winds are gusting to 30 MPH and the wind chill values are ranging from minus 30 to minus 40 degrees. I stopped a couple of places on the way to work to take some pictures and in one of those places I could only stand to be outside the car for a minute or two because the wind and cold were so brutal.  If you can find a spot protected from the wind, however, it's not that bad.  The location along the Bay Road in Grand Portage where I made this photo had some pretty good protection from trees behind me and I had no problems standing outside to make some photos (keep in mind I was bundled up for the occasion).  It is beautiful out there today but if you head outside make sure you have plenty of layers on!

No comments: