Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunset on the Beaver Meadow


















Last night after work I went hiking for a few miles on the Grand Portage Trail in Grand Portage National Monument.  It ended up being a rather difficult hike as the trail is very muddy right now and I got caught in a downpour of rain for a portion of my hike, making the already wet trail even worse.  My goal was to make it to the beaver pond in time for sunset.  As it turns out I had just enough time to get there right when the light was best.  Thankfully, the rain I hiked through on my way in had quit and the sky was beginning to clear just as the sun was setting.  There was even a small sliver of rainbow up in the clouds.  This was my first time seeing the new boardwalk construction over the beaver meadow.  The new boardwalk is beautiful and super solid.  I found it to be very photogenic as well :-)  All in all I had a great hike despite the rain and muddy trail conditions.  The gorgeous sunset over the beaver meadow made it all worthwhile!

No comments: