Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Beautiful Day in Grand Marais!


















Boy, it sure was a nice day yesterday!  As luck would have it I found myself in Grand Marais with a few hours to kill so for part of that time I sat on the shoreline of the harbor and watched the summer activity.  Boats and kayaks came and went, as did a large variety of people over at the lighthouse.  When I first sat down along the shoreline the sailing schooner Hjordis was just setting out onto the lake.  I made some photos of it as it passed the lighthouse but I wasn't really happy with the way they turned out.  So, I decided to wait for it to come back into the harbor to try again.  

Over an hour later the boat finally returned and I got a shot that I'm much happier with.  As the boat was passing by the lighthouse a group of kids was taking turns jumping off the breakwall into the lake.  They paused from their swim antics to watch as the Hjordis sailed past.  It was the kind of summer day that everyone dreams about and there certainly were a lot of people out taking advantage of it!

No comments: