Saturday, February 13, 2016

Late afternoon winter shadows on the trail... mine and the Ice Cream Truck's

















You may have noticed that I have not been posting very many sunrise or sunset landscape photos this winter.  The reason for this is that I have had "fat bike fever" for a good chunk of the winter, in addition to the normal "ski fever".  I've been wanting a fat bike for several years and this year I finally bit the bullet and got one.  During my free time if I haven't been skiing, I've been out riding my bike, which is loads of fun!

I've been taking a lot of pictures this winter, they've just mostly been trail pictures while out skiing or biking.  Here is one such photo taken a couple of days ago.  I was making my way home as the sun was setting and on this particular section of trail the long shadows combined with the receding trail meant that I just had to stop and make a photo.  

FYI - In case you're wondering about the title of this image, my bike is called the Ice Cream Truck, it's one of the models made by Surly Bikes.

No comments: