Thursday, October 18, 2012

Autumn at Partridge Falls

















Yesterday we went up to Partridge Falls, one of my favorite places to visit although only the second time this year I've been there. I've been wanting to make it there for a while, since the river is pretty low and I find the waterfall more fascinating and beautiful when the water is low than when it is high. No matter what the water level, Partridge Falls never disappoints. Thanks to some recent winds the rocks at the base of the falls were littered with sheds from nearby cedar trees. I wanted to show the color from the fallen cedar, so I chose a composition that showed more foreground than I usually show when photographing the falls. Because of the high contrast between the very dark rocks in the foreground and the brightness of the waterfall, I had to shoot 3 images at different exposure settings then blend them together using photo software in order to show the complete range of light in the scene.


No comments: