Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Engagement Day!

















Above Image: "Where the Lake becomes the River" - Near the Gunflint Trail in northeast Minnesota, the Brule River resumes its journey toward Lake Superior after flowing through Northern Light Lake.


Last night, under the light of an incredibly surreal moonlit and lightning-filled sky over Lake Superior, I asked the woman I love to marry me. And she said YES! I feel like I'm floating on air today :-)


So, Jessica and I are now officially engaged :-) And what do we do to celebrate our engagement day? We spend it outside, of course! We went paddling on the Brule River and Northern Light Lake along the Gunflint Trail in Northeast Minnesota. It sure was a beautiful day!



Above: Jessica getting lost in the grass where the Brule River flows into Northern Light Lake



Above: The clouds and lily pads were awesome.



Above: It was loads of fun paddling through these reeds.  Very interesting to watch them glide magically out of the way as the bow of the kayak nudged them to the side. 



Above: Goofing off in the tall grass.

No comments: