Monday, February 28, 2011

First Light, Frozen Forest



After a couple of failed attempts at capturing nice early morning light on the ice at Tettegouche State Park (due to cloudy skies), I finally had success this morning. I had to leave the house just before 5:00 AM in order to make it here for sunrise, but it sure was worth it. The other day when I drove down to try and capture this scene, the sky was clear when I left home. By the time I arrived at Tettegouche, however, the clouds had moved in and covered the entire sky, effectively ruining sunrise. So.... this morning as I drove towards Tettegouche, I was a bit tense thinking I was going to run into a cloudy sky again. But, luck was on my side and the clouds stayed away. Once the sun broke above the horizon and started to illuminate the ice, I was awestruck by the beauty.

Here are a few more photos of me enjoying and photographing the Frozen Forest (taken by my friend and fellow photographer Paul Sundberg):







And one taken by my friend and fellow photographer Roger Nordstrom:


No comments: