Monday, October 5, 2009

Autumn on Mt. Sophie



Mt. Sophie is probably my favorite place to view fall colors, and each year during the peak of fall color season I make many trips to this area to photograph the changing leaves. This year wasn't as "good" as most years, but was still quite beautiful. There is an old fire tower at the summit of Mt. Sophie which provides for some amazing view of Trout Lake, Swamp Lake and the surrounding Maple ridges.



During one of my morning ventures to Mt. Sophie I was accompanied by my friend Roger and his cousin from California. The morning that the three of us hiked up to the summit we walked through a beautiful light blanket of snow that had fallen during the night. The freshly fallen Maple leaves resting on the snow made for an interesting contrast in color.



(Above: Morning fog over North Lake)

(Below: A blustery, snowy morning over the forest)



(Below: Morning steam over North Lake as I drove up the road to Mt. Sophie)



(Below: "Sky-blue waters" - Clouds reflected in the waters of Trout Lake)

No comments: