Friday, January 9, 2009

January Moonlight



As is my habit each month, when the moon is full I try to get out for at least one night of shooting in the moonlight. So it was that friday evening found my dad and I snowshoeing to High Falls on the Pigeon River at 9:00 at night. The "official" full moon is not until sunday night, but it sure seemed full tonight. With all the snow that we've had combined with crystal clear skies, there was lots of reflected light from the moon, making night exposures easy. I was able to pull off 15 second exposures where normally in the non-winter months I have to run exposures of 30 to 40 seconds to get enough light in the shot. Anyway, it was a great night and it was fun spending time with my dad snowshoeing in the moonlight. He was even quite cooperative and posed for a few shots up at the falls :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis,

I really like these photos. They look like you've capture the spirit of the land. The long exposures really work!

Bryan

Travis Novitsky said...

Thanks, Bryan! Your words mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing them!