Saturday, August 3, 2019

Pike Lake Thunderstorms

















The past couple of days have felt like monsoon season in the southwest.  The thunderstorms and clouds rolling through each day have been incredible with very localized rainfall.  For example, yesterday morning I drove to the local store just two miles away where they had experienced a downpour just minutes before but at my house I didn't get a drop of rain.  

In the afternoon I drove just west of Grand Marais and went for a bike ride on one of my favorite loops in the Superior National Forest.  After the ride I was taking the forest roads back to Grand Marais and I could see these incredible clouds building to the northeast.  As luck would have it I was passing by Pike Lake so I made a quick detour down to the public water access and made these photos from the boat dock. 



















No comments: